Made with eggs, mayo, mustard, and a variety of toppings, this easy keto deviled egg recipe is a perfect low carb and gluten-free snack or appetizer idea to serve on any occasion.
Ingredients and substitutes
Eggs - We'll need 6 large hard-boiled eggs.
Mayonnaise - INSTANT KETO MAYONNAISE is great to use to make the yolk mixture for the filling, but any sugar-free store-bought mayo will do, too.
Dijon mustard - The perfect deviled eggs require just that pinch of spiciness that mustard can provide. Use Dijon mustard as it has no sugar in it, or any other sugar-free mustard of your choice.
White wine vinegar - Adding acidity is always a good idea, no matter what savory dish you cook. You can substitute white wine vinegar with apple cider vinegar or some lemon juice, whether it's freshly-squeezed or store-bought.
Seasoning - Let's keep our low carb deviled eggs recipe simple by adding a simple seasoning like salt and pepper. I use ground cayenne pepper, but you can substitute it with freshly ground black pepper.
Step by step directions
First you need to boil the eggs. Fill a medium pan with cold water so it completely covers the eggs, then bring it to a boil (without the eggs). Then salt the water a little and gently place the eggs at the bottom of the pan using a slotted spoon; set a timer to 12 minutes.
When the timer goes off, remove the eggs from the pan and place them into a bowl with cold water.
When the eggs have cooled completely, slice them in halves lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them into a small mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper, then mash everything using a fork until well combined and smooth.
Fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture using a teaspoon or piping bag. Garnish with bacon bits and marinated onions and serve.
Deviled eggs with bacon and pickled onions
This one is my favorite topping, even though it takes a little bit of effort. First of all, let's pickle our red onion (or use white or yellow onion, if you like). Chop it finely, place it into a small mixing bowl, and pour in red wine vinegar (white wine vinegar will work too). Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the bacon. Fry it over a medium-high heat until it’s reduced in size and turned a deep golden-brown color on both sides. Then remove it onto a paper towel and let it dry until it becomes crispy. Lastly, finely chop the bacon and sprinkle it on top of our keto deviled eggs. Don't forget about the onions! Drain them well and then sprinkle them on top of the egg halves too!
Smoked paprika and chives
After your delicious deviled eggs are ready for their toppings, sprinkle on some smoky paprika and freshly-chopped chives. This combination will add a lot of flavors - not to mention the bright colors which will make your dish look even more appetizing.
Sour cream and spring onions
Just a little bit of sour cream and freshly-chopped spring onions will add some freshness to the dish.
If you’re into seafood, small shrimps on top of our healthy deviled eggs are what you're looking for. Shrimps and eggs are meant to be together, so the flavor profile won't disappoint you!
You can add some grated parmesan cheese right into the egg yolk filling, or you can sprinkle on some cheese as a topping.
How many carbs in deviled eggs
This keto egg recipe is as low carb as it can get! 12 egg halves together will have around 4g net carbs, which leaves us with only around 0.3g net carbs per one egg half.
More low carb recipes
Keto deviled egg recipe
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 strip bacon
- 1 small (40g) red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- Fill a medium pan with cold water so it completely covers the eggs. Bring to a boil (without the eggs). Then salt the water a little and gently place the eggs at the bottom of the pan using a slotted spoon; set a timer to 12 minutes.
- When done, remove the eggs from the pan and place them into a bowl with cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings. Place the onions into a small mixing bowl and pour in red wine vinegar. Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
- Fry the bacon over a medium-high heat until it’s reduced in size and turned a deep golden-brown color on both sides. Then, remove it onto a paper towel and let it dry until it becomes crispy. Lastly, finely chop the bacon and set it aside.
- When cooled completely, slice the eggs in halves lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper, then mash everything using a fork until well combined and smooth.
- Fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture using a teaspoon or a piping bag.
- Top with crispy bacon bits and marinated onions and serve (for more topping variations, read the post above.)
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com