Keto cauliflower hash browns
These keto cauliflower hash browns that you can make with your favorite add-ins are a low carb and gluten-free side dish, savory breakfast, or snack that is quick-to-make yet nutritious and delicious.
Servings: 8 patties
- 10 oz 300g frozen cauliflower rice pulsed in a food processor while still frozen; thaw and drain the excess of water if it appeared
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 small stock spring onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes optional if you don’t like spicy food
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- ½ cup 60g Gouda or cheddar cheese finely grated
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive oil avocado oil, or refined coconut oil for frying
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix well.
Heat a generous amount of olive oil (so it covers the bottom of your pan with a thin layer) in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
When hot, add around ¼ cup of the mixture to the pan and press with a spatula. Use the spatula to give a round shape to the hash browns and even out the sides.
Cover with a lid and cook for around 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the lid, flip, and cook for 3 minutes without the lid. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
When done, remove onto a plate or a large cutting board covered with a paper towel to rest. Serve with sour cream and freshly chopped green onions.
Serving: 1patty | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 233IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 98mg