These keto-friendly cottage cheese pancakes are the perfect healthy breakfast. They are packed with healthy fats from almond flour and eggs, and proteins from cottage cheese. These pancakes are low in carbs and gluten-free.
No refined sugar, gluten-free…..pancakes. What a dream!
I admit, I was thinking a lot lately about jumping on the Keto diet bandwagon, but I can’t say goodbye to my pasta and pizza yet, so I decided that I will try to implement some keto-friendly meals into my diet little by little and see how it goes. So pancakes were the first thing on my keto list that I wanted to nail, and I think I did quite well after a couple of failures.
HOW TO MAKE KETO-FRIENDLY COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES?
Super easy! First, you need to place all ingredients into a bowl and blend everything together using an immersion blender or a hand blender if you will. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use countertop blender or food pressor instead!
Preheat your skillet over medium-low heat and grease it with a little bit of butter. Measure out ¼ cup of batter and pour it into the skillet. Spread it gently using a teaspoon or a specular.
Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
IS FULL-FAT COTTAGE CHEESE KETO-FRIENDLY?
As long as you use cottage cheese that doesn’t contain added sugars, it is keto-friendly! The cottage cheese that I used in this recipe is KESO 4% fat, and it has just 1,7g of carbs per 100g.
IS ALMOND FLOUR LOW IN CARBS?
First, we need to understand what almond flour is? Well, it is simply finely ground almonds and almonds are naturally high in fats, protein, and fiber but low in carbs. 100g of the almond flour contains only 8-9g of carbs compared to 70g in all-purpose flour. That’s a huge difference!
I used regular maple syrup in this recipe! Replace it with zero sugar sweetener of your choice to reduce the amount of carbs!
I suggest you cook not more than 3 pancakes at a time (if you are using 10-inches skillet). This way, you won’t have problems flipping them.
KETO-FRIENDLY COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES
- 80 g almond flour finely ground
- 100 g cottage cheese full fat
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp melted butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice, I use Sukrin (for Pale version use 1 tbsp pure maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend together using an immersion blender. If you don’t have one, you can use a countertop blender or even a food processor instead.
- Grease the preheated skillet with the butter.
- Measure out ¼ cup of batter and pour it into the skillet. Spread it gently using a teaspoon or a spatula.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip and cook the other side for 2 more minutes or until your pancake turns golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining butter.
- Serve with toppings of your choice. In my case, I used apples with cinnamon, roasted coconut flakes, and maple syrup. If you follow the ketogenic diet, you can use butter and some sugar-free maple syrup instead.
SHARING IS CARING