These keto-friendly cottage cheese pancakes are the perfect healthy and delicious breakfast. They are packed with healthy fats - from almond flour and eggs - and proteins - from cottage cheese. These pancakes are low in carbs and gluten-free.
No refined sugar, gluten-free…..pancakes. What a dream!
I admit, lately I’ve been thinking a lot about jumping on the Keto diet bandwagon, but I can’t say goodbye to my pasta and pizza yet. So, I decided that I will try to implement some keto-friendly meals into my diet little by little and see how it goes. Pancakes were the first thing on my keto list that I wanted to nail; I think I did quite well after a couple of failures.
HOW TO MAKE KETO-FRIENDLY COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES?
Super easy! First, you need to place all ingredients into a bowl and blend everything together using an immersion blender, or a hand blender if you will. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a countertop blender or food pressor instead!
Preheat your skillet over medium-low heat and grease it with a little bit of butter. Measure out ¼ cup of pancake batter and pour it into the skillet. Spread it gently using a teaspoon or a spatula.
Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top our fluffy pancakes with fresh berries like blueberries and strawberries, pour keto-friendly syrup of your choice (you can also try my KETO CARAMEL SAUCE or KETO NUTELLA CHOCOLATE SPREAD), and serve.
IS FULL-FAT COTTAGE CHEESE KETO-FRIENDLY?
As long as you use cottage cheese that doesn’t contain added sugars, it’s keto-friendly! The cottage cheese that I used in this recipe is KESO 4% fat and has just 1,7g of carbs per 100g.
IS ALMOND FLOUR LOW IN CARBS?
First, we need to understand what almond flour is. Well, it’s simply finely-ground almonds - and almonds are naturally high in fats, protein, and fiber, but low in carbs. 100g of almond flour contains only 8-9g of carbs compared to 70g in all-purpose flour. That’s a huge difference!
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES
KETO-FRIENDLY COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES
- 80 g almond flour finely ground
- 100 g cottage cheese full fat
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp melted butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice, I use Sukrin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend together using an immersion blender. If you don’t have one, you can use a countertop blender or even a food processor instead.
- Grease the preheated skillet with the butter.
- Measure out ¼ cup of batter and pour it into the skillet. Spread it gently using a teaspoon or a spatula.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip and cook the other side for 2 more minutes or until your pancake turns golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining butter.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com