This easy low-carb waffles recipe is a perfect morning breakfast idea. Easy to whisk together, these keto waffles are gluten-free and so delicious.
Step by step directions
Let’s start making these low-carb waffles by combining all of our dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then, whisk together the mascarpone cheese (at room temperature), vanilla extract (if you like), and melted butter until fully combined. Add two eggs and whisk once more until fully incorporated.
Now, combine the wet and dry ingredients together, add the water, and mix well. The amount of water you’ll need can vary depending on the quality of your flour. I ended up using ½ a cup of water, but you might need a little bit more or a little bit less. Generally, you want the butter to be the same consistency as if you were making pancakes – not too runny, not too thick. So, add the water slowly while stirring the butter until it has the desired consistency.
When the butter is ready, pour some into your preheated waffle maker (high heat, slightly greased with cooking oil of your choice) and cook until golden. This will take from 2-5 minutes per waffle, depending on your waffle iron. Repeat with the rest of the butter. You’ll end up with 4-8 waffles depending on the size and type of your waffle maker, as well as on how much batter you use for each waffle.
How to make waffles crispy
I personally like soft and fluffy waffles, but some people prefer them crispy. However, it can be challenging to make crispy keto waffles because keto-friendly flours have no gluten in them. Still, it can be done! To make your low-carb waffles crispier on the outside, don’t pile them up on one plate when you’re cooking them. Let them cool down individually before serving on a paper towel instead. This way, the steam from your hot waffles will be absorbed by the paper towels, allowing them to crisp up.
There are so many toppings that you can use for this easy low-carb waffles recipe, but I’ll share my favorite combos:
Freshly whipped cream with fresh berries (like in the pictures)
Butter and sugar-free “honey” or “maple” syrup
Smoked salmon and avocado
Bacon and eggs
More breakfast keto recipes
Easy low-carb waffles recipe
- Waffle maker
- ⅔ cup (60g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (35g) coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoon mascarpone, room temperature
- 5 tablespoon (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (120g) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat a waffle maker to high heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the mascarpone, vanilla extract (optional), and melted butter until fully combined, then add two eggs and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Add the water and whisk again.
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook until golden. This will take from 2-5 minutes per waffle, depending on your waffle maker. Repeat with the rest of the butter.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream and berries of your choice.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com