This oven-baked lemon butter chicken thighs recipe is juicy. With tons of flavors and crispy skin, it will win your heart forever. It’s a delicious and healthy keto lunch idea that’s ready in 25 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN THIGS RECIPE
Let’s start making our lemon chicken recipe by seasoning them with some salt and freshly-ground black pepper on both sides, then placing them skin up on a baking tray lined with foil or a parchment paper. Let the meat marinate like this for 15-30 while the oven is preheating to 390F (200C). Brining our chicken meat to room temperature before frying or baking helps to cook it through evenly.
Meanwhile, let's make our lemon sauce for chicken by combining together the melted butter, lemon juice, and pressed garlic in a small mixing bowl.
When the oven is hot, cover the chicken thighs’ skin with our easy lemon butter sauce for chicken, top it off with thinly sliced fresh lemon, and bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F (74C) and the skin turns golden brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes for extra crispiness if desired but keep an eye on the lemon slices; don’t let them burn completely.
When done, take out from the oven and let our baked lemon garlic chicken rest for around 3 minutes before slicing it.
Enjoy your oven-baked lemon garlic butter chicken recipe topped with some freshly chopped cilantro and a side dish of your choice.
SHOULD YOU WASH CHICKEN BEFORE BAKING IT?
You should never wash raw chicken meat before cooking it! The problem is, when you wash it under running water, many small droplets of water bounce off of the meat and travel up to 50 cm in your kitchen, spreading campylobacter bacteria inside your sink and on other utensils that are lying close by. This bacteria is the reason people get food poisoning from improperly cooked poultry. To avoid contamination, don’t wash chicken meat at all! However, if you really want to wash your chicken, do it in a deep pot filled with water in advance. Don’t forget to wash the pot, sink, and everything that came into contact with “chicken” water, including your hands (duh!).
HOW MANY FATS AND CARBS IN SKIN ON BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS
Chicken thigh is the fattiest part of chicken, after the skin of course. Therefore, it’s perfect for people who follow a keto diet or for those who want to increase their consumption of healthy fats while reducing carbs. Like other types of meat, chicken has 0 carbs in it – but what about fats? I’m happy to tell you that there’re plenty of fats in the skin on chicken thighs! 13g per 100g of the product to be specific, and if you cook them in our lemon butter chicken sauce, it’s going to be even more!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE
This butter lemon chicken recipe is seriously delicious and I have so many ideas for what you can serve with these lemon butter chicken thighs.
Slice this chicken with lemon butter sauce and serve warm on a crispy, freshly-made salad, or make a tasty chicken sandwich with my MICROWAVE KETO BREAD.
Another great combo will be to serve this baked lemon chicken thighs recipe along with EASY ROASTED CARROTS AND PARSNIPS, CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MASH, or even with GARLIC RANCH SAUTEED BROCCOLI AND SWEET POTATOES for a slightly higher carb content.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
Oven-baked lemon butter chicken thighs recipe
- Baking tray
- 8 skin-on boneless chicken thighs (1.7lb/800g), or 4 skin-on boneless chicken quarters
- 3 large cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (use olive oil to make this dish Paleo)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced lemon
- Cilantro for garnishing, chopped
- Preheat oven to 390F (200C).
- Season the chicken with salt and freshly-ground black pepper on both sides and place it, skin up, on a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper. Let the meat marinate like this for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together the melted butter, lemon juice, and pressed garlic.
- When the oven is hot cover the chicken’s skin with the lemon garlic mixture, top it off with thinly sliced fresh lemon, and bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F (74C) and the skin turns golden brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes for extra crispiness if desired.
- When done, take out from the oven and let the chicken rest for around 3 minutes before slicing it.
- Serve warm, topped with freshly-chopped cilantro.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com