This easy sugar-free keto pecan pie recipe with a caramel and nutty flavor is a delicious and easy-to-make low carb and gluten-free pie that your family and friends will love.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
For the pie crust
Almond flour and coconut flour - I find that the blend of these two gluten-free flours creates the best result, much closer to the "real thing".
Psyllium husk powder and xanthan gum - These will replace gluten in our gluten-free recipe.
Cold butter - The colder your unsalted butter, the better!
Egg - Use one cold egg as a binder or replace it with 3 tbsp of ice-cold water.
Salt and sweetener - I prefer to use granulated sweetener (like Swerve or Sukrin) in my crust recipe and a generous pinch of salt to make sweet things even sweeter.
Lemon zest - I think that adding acidity in the form of lemon (or orange zest, if you like) to pecan pie, which is very "heavy" and rich in flavor, brings a note of freshness.
For the pie filling
More butter - This time we need unsalted butter at room temperature, which you're going to cube before melting. This will help the butter to melt and then brown at the same rate.
Sweetener - In my opinion, the best sweetener to use in this low carb pecan pie recipe is allulose; it will melt perfectly into the butter and, if you decide to freeze the pie, it won't crystalize. However, other sweeteners will work as well. Granulated or powdered monk fruit sweetener, erythritol with stevia blends from Swerve or Sukrin - use whatever you like the most. Also, because of the strong nutty flavor, you won't find this sugar-free pecan pie leaving any aftertaste!
Cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt - I'm pretty sure that this pie would be amazing without any additional flavorings, but a touch of cinnamon, vanilla, and salt will make our keto-friendly pie even better.
Eggs - Use three eggs at room temperature. I prefer to beat them slightly before gradually pouring in the warm sauce.
Pecan nuts - I use roughly chopped pecan nuts for the filling and whole pecan halves for the topping. You can skip the topping part if you want fewer carbs in your low carb keto pecan pie.
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR-FREE KETO PIE RECIPE
You can find the instructions for my EASY KETO PIE CRUST RECIPE << here, or scroll down to the recipe card to find all details.
After you've prepped our keto pie crust, lower the oven temperature to 325F (165C).
Add the butter into a saucepan and melt it over a low heat. When it's melted and started foaming, keep heating it for another 5-8 mins while whisking every now and then until it reaches an amber color. Once done, add the sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Keep heating over a low heat while whisking occasionally until the sweetener has dissolved.
Then, remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool down a little bit. If it separates, whisk vigorously until it emulsifies again.
When the mixture is warm to the touch, gradually add the eggs while whisking continuously. Add the chopped pecans and mix well. Pour it into the pie crust and top with whole pecan halves (totally optional).
Cover the edges of the crust with foil or a pie shield, leaving the center open. Bake our pie for 40-50 minutes or until the filling has set (it can be slightly jiggly in the center).
When it's finally done, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely to room temperature before slicing and serving.
KETO PECAN PIE SERVINGS IDEAS
This pie can be enjoyed on its own! However, if you want to add something extra to make it even more delicious, you should try it with heavy whipping cream or keto vanilla ice cream. These two are perfect to serve with our sugar-free pecan pie, especially if it's still warm.
CARBS IN PECAN PIE
This sugar-free pecan pie recipe is not only gluten-free but low carb and keto! It's super satisfying and can feed a whole family or group of friends! If you divide a 9-inch pie into 10 pieces, each piece will have around 3g net carbs per serving. As an alternative, you can divide it into 8 pieces, which will bring us to around 4g net carbs per serving.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES
Sugar-free keto pecan pie recipe
- 9-inch/23cm pie or tart pan
- 1 batch EASY KETO PIE CRUST RECIPE
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, cut into 1 tbsp size pieces and brought to room temperature
- ½ cup (100g) granulated allulose sweetener, or another sweetener of your choice like Swerve or Sukrin
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, slightly whisked
- 1½ cup (150g) pecan halves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (50g) pecan halves for topping
- Whipped cream for serving, optional
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat to 350F (175C).
- When making the dough, add lemon zest and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes wrapped in a plastic wrap.
- When the dough is cold but still pliable, roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper until it’s around 0.15 inches (4 mm) thick. Then remove the top layer of the paper and carefully flip it onto a 9-inch (23cm) pie pan. Fix all the cracks (if they appeared), even out the crust, and freeze for 10 minutes before baking.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with a pie shield or strips of aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Then, partially blind bake it (do not prick the crust with a fork before baking it!) on the lower rack for 8-10 minutes or until the crust starts picking up a golden color in the middle.
- When done, take out from the oven, gently press down with a spoon or the back of a cup if the crust has puffed up, and let it cool a little bit before filling with the pie filling.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325F (165C).
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat. When it’s melted and started foaming, keep heating it for another 5-8 mins while whisking every now and then until it reaches an amber color. Add the sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Keep heating over a low heat while whisking occasionally until the sweetener has dissolved.
- When done, remove from the heat and let the mixture to cool down a little bit.
- When the mixture is warm, gradually add the eggs while whisking continuously. Then add the chopped pecans and mix well. Pour it into the pie crust and top with whole pecan halves.
- Cover the edges of the crust with foil or a pie shield, leaving the center open. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the filling has set (it can be slightly jiggly in the center).
- When done, remove from the oven and let it cool completely to room temperature before slicing and serving.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com