Slightly crunchy on the outside, but soft and a little bit chewy on the inside, this keto chocolate chip cookies recipe will leave you with a constant feeling of wanting more of the best keto cookies!
Ingredients you will need
Almond flour - If you're allergic to almonds, you can use hazelnut flour instead. However, don't try to use coconut flour; it has completely different water-absorbent properties than almond or hazelnut flours which will prevent our keto-friendly cookies from spreading while baking.
Sugar-free chocolate - Keto chocolate chips from Lilly's are the best option. However, you can also use any other unsweetened chocolate chips or Baker's unsweetened baking chocolate.
Egg whites - I would consider it a secret ingredient of this recipe! You see, making low carb chocolate chip cookies can be difficult. There's no gluten in almond flour so the cookies can end up very crumbly and literally falling apart in your hands. Egg whites will act as a glue for our cookies and help hold them together. Also, beating them to stiff peaks will give the cookies some of that chewiness that we all love.
Unsalted butter - No butter, no chocolate chip keto cookies! And don't try to trick the system by swapping the butter with coconut oil; it's not going to work in this recipe.
Granulated sweetener - I use an erythritol and stevia blend from Sukrin (both powdered and granulated) in all of my baking keto recipes.
Xanthan gum - Xanthan gum acts as gluten in gluten-free recipes and will help stop our low carb cookies spreading too much in the oven.
Step by step instructions
For this keto chocolate chip cookie recipe, we're going to use three mixing bowls. But first, let's preheat the oven to 180C (360F).
We're going to combine almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt in the first mixing bowl, then set aside. Then, add the egg whites and half of the sweetener in the second bowl and using a hand mixer to beat them to stiff peaks; it'll take around 4 minutes.
In the last bowl, we're going to add the soft butter and the rest of the sweetener. Using the hand mixer, cream until fluffy and pale yellow. Then, add the butter mixture to the beaten egg whites, add the vanilla extract, and mix together until fully combined.
Now it's time to combine our wet and dry ingredients together. Add one to another and mix well using a hand mixer. Last but not least, let's add the chocolate chips or cubed chocolate bar to the batter and mix well using a spoon or a spatula.
Scoop the dough (12-14 balls, depending on the size) onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving at least 3 inches of space in between. Bake for 10 minutes or until just golden.
Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool down on a baking tray first. Don't touch them as they will be very soft right after baking; they will firm up during the cooling process. When slightly warm, place on a cooling rack to cool down completely before serving. Enjoy the very best keto chocolate chip cookies with a drink of your choice and smile!
Carbs in keto chocolate chip cookies
Made with gluten-free almond flour and sugar-free chocolate chips (or low-carb chocolate bar sweetened with keto-friendly sweeteners), this cookie recipe is 100% keto. One cookie has only 2g net carbs, so there's no problem fitting this delicious dessert in your low carb meal plan.
More keto recipes
KETO SNICKERDOODLES COOKIE RECIPE
Keto chocolate chip cookies recipe
- Baking tray
- Hand mixer
- 1 ½ cup 150g almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup 90g granulated sweetener I use Sukrin
- ½ cup 1130g unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz 90g keto-friendly dark chocolate bar cubed, or chocolate chips from Lilly's
- Preheat the oven to 180C (360F).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the egg whites and half of the sweetener. Use a hand mixer to beat to stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, add the soft butter and the rest of the sweetener - using the hand mixer, cream until fluffy and pale yellow. When done, add the butter mixture to the beaten egg whites, add vanilla extract, and mix together until fully combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until no dry ingredients are left.
- Add the chocolate chips and, using a spatula, mix well.
- Scoop the dough (12-14 balls, depending on the size) onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving at least 3 inches of space in between.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool down on a baking tray. When slightly warm, place on a cooling rack to cool down completely before serving.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com
I just made these cookies and they’re so gooood! Thanks for the recipe.
Thank you for the comment, Julia!