Made with egg yolks, this keto walnut cookies recipe is an easy to whisk together low-carb dessert idea. The tender texture and rich flavors, with a refreshing walnuts crunch, make these healthy cookies perfect for any occasion because everyone will love them!
Some recipes, like my CHOCOLATE-DIPPED SUGAR-FREE MARSHMALLOWS, call for egg whites - but what to do with the egg yolks, then? Throw them away? Since I don’t really like to throw away food (who does?), I came up with a solution – easy walnut cookies! If you don’t know what to do with egg yolk leftovers, make egg yolk chewy walnut cookies out of them!
Step by step directions
This easy walnut cookie recipe is super forgiving (same as ALMOND FLOUR KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES or my KETO SNICKERDOODLES COOKIE RECIPE); there’s literally no way you can ruin it! However, I would recommend bringing the butter and egg yolks to room temperature before mixing everything together.
You’ll need two medium mixing bowls. Combine the baking soda, both flours, baking powder, and pinch of salt in one bowl. Then, take another bowl and, using a hand mixer or an immersion blender with a whisk attachment, beat the butter and granulated sweetener of your choice together until fluffy. Next, add the egg yolks, vanilla extract (totally optional – with or without, the cookies will come out super tasty), and apple cider vinegar and mix until fully incorporated. Lastly, combine together the wet and dry ingredients, add our chopped walnuts, and mix one more time.
Form 10 even balls out of our dough, slightly flatten them to create a disk shape, and place them onto a baking sheet or tray lined with parchment paper so they have some space between them.
Bake the cookies with walnuts for 12-15 mins on a lower rack in an oven preheated to 170C (340F). When our keto cookies become golden, take them out and leave them on the baking tray until completely cool.
Carbs in walnut cookies
I think it’s hard to find a more keto cookies recipe than this one. I gathered all the good stuff together here: fatty egg yolks, butter, and omega-3 packed crunchy walnuts. They’re all keto superfoods! It’s worth mentioning that these low-carb walnut butter cookies have only 2g net carbs each. Aren’t they a perfect keto dessert?
More keto recipes
Keto walnut cookies recipe
- ⅔ cup 60g almond flour
- ¼ cup 35g coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks, room temperature
- 5 tbsp 60g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 tbsp 70g granulated sweetener I use a blend of erythritol and stevia from Sukrin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoon walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 170C (340F).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or an immersion blender with a whisk attachment to cream the butter and granulated sweetener together until fluffy. Then, add the egg yolks, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Thoroughly combine the wet and dry ingredients, then add the walnuts and mix well.
- Form 10 balls (around 30g each) and slightly flatten them, creating a disk shape, and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper with some space between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on a lower rack or until the cookies just start to pick up a golden color.
- When done, remove from the oven and let the cookies cool down completely before serving them.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com