These crunchy and flavorful keto seed crackers will become your ultimate evening snack. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and super tasty. Enjoy them plain or with a creamy spread of your choice!
One of the things that people miss on the ketogenic diet is something crisp and crunchy to munch on. And, let’s be real, all those flax crackers or other seed crackers that you can buy in a grocery store are ridiculously expensive for a relatively small bag. That’s why I’m here to share with you my favorite keto seed crackers recipe. It takes one hour to make and, as a result, you’ll have a big batch of crispy and flavorful crackers. Plus, of course, they’re low-carb - or better yet, almost no-carb, keto, and high fat… all the good stuff!
Step by step directions
The process itself is not complicated at all. You add all ingredients together in a big bowl and give them a good stir. Then, you roll the seed mixture out between two pieces of parchment paper into an even, thin layer, or you can use a spatula to spread and flatten the mixture. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, score the mixture into desired pieces and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Finally, take the baking sheet out from the oven. Using a spatula, break the crackers apart and create a little bit of space between them. Return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes. This way, they will brown evenly.
Voila! Now you can enjoy your heavenly tasty and healthy keto seed crackers!
I love a garlic and onion combo in this recipe, but you can experiment with the flavors. You can go ahead and add some dried herbs like oregano and rosemary with a pinch of salt and black pepper or add some chili flakes for a nice spicy punch.
What shape and size to choose
Here you can go crazy and experiment with all kinds of shapes and sizes. However, keep in mind that the thicker you roll the seed mixture, the longer it will take to bake. I like to have my crackers 3 mm thick (thinner than this and the crackers will be very fragile), but you can make them a little bit thicker if that’s what you prefer. Just make sure that you place the baking tray on the lower rack, so your crackers won’t burn.
How do you keep homemade crackers chrisp
It’s crucial to let the crackers cool completely after baking and before storing them. When they are dried and cooled, place the crackers in an airtight container and store them at room temperature.
How do you chrisp soggy crackers
Crackers can become soggy after a while if not stored correctly, but there’s a way to give them a second life and make them crispy again! Preheat the oven to 150C (300F) and bake the crackers for 5-8 minutes. Once out from the oven, let them cool completely on a cooling rack before serving or storing them.
Serve these low carb crackers with CREAMY KETO BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE, HEALTHY KETO ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP, or a bowl of hot KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP. If you're not into soups, try these delicious gluten-free crackers with NO BEAN KETO CHILI RECIPE or with ARUGULA BEET SALAD WITH FETA AND WALNUTS.
More keto recipes
KETO SEED CRACKERS
- ¼ cup (30g) raw sunflower seeds, unsalted
- ¼ cup (30g) chia seeds
- ¼ cup (30g) pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 5 tablespoon (50g) unhulled sesame seeds, dried
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1¼ cup (250ml) boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 150C (300F)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add boiling water and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly with a spatula. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the mixture on a parchment paper, cover it with another piece of a parchment paper, and roll it evenly. You can also use a spatula to flatten the mixture. To do so, place it on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper and spread the dough out evenly pressing with a spatula.
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to score the mixture into desired pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Take the baking sheet out from the oven. Using a spatula, break the crackers apart and create a little bit of space between them. Return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes. This way, they will brown evenly.
- Once out from the oven, let the crackers cool completely on a cooling rack before serving.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com