These baked keto buffalo wings make for a spicy and crispy low carb and gluten-free chicken dish that’s perfect to serve for a large group of people.
Ingredients you will need
Chicken wings - Remove your chicken wings from the fridge in advance and cut them into drumettes and flats if needed. Make sure that you’ve dried them well with a paper towel before coating them in dry ingredients.
Baking powder - The secret of crispy keto chicken wings lies in this ingredient! It's because baking powder (make sure you use an aluminum-free one and don't confuse it with baking soda!!!) helps our chicken to dry out faster in the oven by pulling the moisture out from the skin.
Salt and black pepper - Simple seasoning is enough here in my opinion, as we will drown our chicken in buffalo sauce. However, you can also add some garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika to the seasoning.
Buffalo chicken can't be made without buffalo sauce, right?! To learn more about the sauce, go here >> KETO BUFFALO SAUCE or skip to the recipe card to learn more.
Step by step directions
For the low carb buffalo sauce
First, we need to make our hot wings sauce. You can make this while the wings are in the oven or do it the day before. For the instructions, check out my KETO BUFFALO SAUCE recipe or skip to the recipe card.
For the low carb buffalo wings
Preheat the oven to 250F (120C), line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a baking rack (sprayed with oil) on top.
Place the dry chicken wings, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Place the chicken onto the baking rack and it into the preheated oven with the baking sheet underneath.
Bake for 30 minutes. Then, raise the heat to 425F (220C) and bake for around 50 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the oven and place into a clean mixing bowl. Pour the sauce on top, toss to coat, and serve.
Carbs in keto buffalo wings
This keto-friendly wings recipe will absolutely fit your low carb diet meal plan. This dish can be served on a game day for a large crowd of people, more like a snack or an appetizer (very messy, though), or can be divided into four larger portions with around 1g net carbs per serving.
Veggies - Of course, the easiest and tastiest way to serve our buffalo chicken wings is to add some healthy crunch from celery and cucumber sticks that you can cut up in just a few minutes.
Dips – A simple BLUE CHEESE DIP or RANCH DIP will absolutely make this keto buffalo chicken complete.
KETO COLESLAW - Creamy ranch plus crispy veggies plus crispy and spicy baked buffalo wings… that's what I call the perfect lunch or dinner combination!
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can! Let the wings cool down completely after baking, then place into a Ziploc bag and remove as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
More low carb recipes
Baked keto buffalo wings
- baking tray and baking rack
- 2 lb. 1 kg chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats, then patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder, not baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 clove garlic, pressed
- 4 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup 85g hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2-3 tsp allulose sweetener, optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. When melted, add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the hot sauce, coconut aminos, paprika, salt, pepper, and vinegar, then mix well. Bring to a light simmer. Then, add the butter and cook until completely melted and well combined with the rest of the ingredients. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250F (120C), line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a baking rack (sprayed with oil) on top.
- Place the dry chicken wings, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place the chicken onto the baking rack and into the preheated oven with the baking sheet underneath.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then, raise the heat to 425F (220C) and bake for around 50 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and place into a clean mixing bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Serve with blue cheese dip or ranch, cucumber, celery sticks, and keto coleslaw.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com