Extra flavorful and creamy, this keto and gluten-free blue cheese dip is perfect to serve with crunchy vegetable sticks, crackers, or everyone's favorite buffalo chicken wings.
Ingredients and substitutions
Blue cheese – I use semi-soft blue cheeses like Danish blue or Gorgonzola.
Sour cream - Use full-fat sour cream.
Instant keto mayonnaise - Homemade mayonnaise is the best; it has a lot of flavors and you know exactly what's inside. However, there're a lot of options when it comes to store-bought mayo. The healthiest mayo you can choose is one that’s made with olive or avocado oil and has no added sugars.
Fresh lemon juice - It adds some acidity and freshness to our homemade blue cheese dip.
Buttermilk, milk, or water - What I love about this recipe is that it can be used as a dip or as a dressing. Just add a splash of buttermilk until the mixture is runny enough to use as a salad dressing!
Garlic - I prefer to use fresh garlic, but you can also substitute it with garlic powder.
Parsley - As with garlic, I usually use finely chopped fresh herbs, but dry ones will also work in this recipe.
Seasoning - Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt are all that you need. Don't forget to try your dip and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Step by step directions
Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well until fully combined. Press with a fork to break down some of the blue cheese crumbs. Taste and add some salt, if needed.
Optionally, add 1-2 tablespoon buttermilk, milk, or water to thin out the dip to your taste, or to make it thin enough to use as a salad dressing. Taste and add extra salt if needed.
This is the easy one! This blue cheese sauce is not only delicious with a variety of salad recipes and as a dip for simple celery, cucumber, and carrot sticks, but with main dishes as well as other crunchy snacks. You can use this blue cheese dip for chips like this one >> LOW CARB KETO TORTILLA CHIPS, or for buffalo chicken wings like these BAKED KETO BUFFALO WINGS, or for BUFFALO KETO CHICKEN TENDERS.
Carbs in blue cheese dipping sauce
This blue cheese dip recipe is enough to serve 4 people. Each serving will have only around 2g net carbs.
Store blue cheese dip in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezing and thawing dips and sauces that contain dairy can result in splitting, curdling, or a bitter aftertaste if there’s buttermilk inside. Thus, it’s always better not to risk it and to whisk a fresh batch of dip or dressing from scratch. After all, it only takes 5 minutes.
More low carb recipes
Blue cheese dip
- 2 oz 60g blue cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup 80g sour cream, full-fat
- ¼ cup 65g Instant keto mayonnaise or any keto-friendly mayo of your choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (2 teaspoon dry parsley)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon buttermilk milk, or water, optional
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well until fully combined. Press with a fork to break down some of the blue cheese crumbs. Taste and add some salt, if needed.
- Optionally, add 1-2 tablespoon buttermilk, milk, or water to thin out the dip to your taste, or to make it thin enough to use as a salad dressing. Taste and add extra salt if needed.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com