This instant keto mayonnaise is really fast to make! A few minutes and there you have it – the perfect sugar-free, paleo and low-carb mayonnaise that’s not only healthy but also delicious.
INGREDIENT FOT KETO MAYO RECIPE
Extra light olive oil – Use extra light olive oil to avoid a bitter aftertaste.
Whole egg – We’re going to use one large raw egg to make homemade mayo recipe.
Salt – I use flaky sea salt but kosher salt will work as well.
Dijon mustard – It does not only add a nice flavor to our gluten-free homemade mayonnaise but also stabilizes and emulsifies the mixture.
Lemon juice – It stabilizes the mixture and gives our mayo with olive oil some acidity. You can also use vinegar if you don’t have lemons or lemon juice at home.
Ground black pepper – I like to use black pepper to spice up my sugar free mayonnaise but you can use something like chili flakes or even freshly chopped dill to bring more flavors.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT KETO MAYONNAISE RECIPE?
This is probably going to be my shortest recipe of all. All you need to do is take all the ingredients and place them in the tall, slim cup that comes with an immersion blender or stick blender (or a similar size cup/jar that you have on-hand). It’s very important that the cup is slim, just a little bit wider than the diameter of the bell blades attachment of the immersion blender that you’re going to use to make our keto mayonnaise.
Place the immersion blender, with a regular bell blades attachment, in the bottom of the cup over the egg yolk and start blending on high. When the mixture starts to thicken up and become pale, raise the blender up and down until all the ingredients are fully combined and the desired thickness is achieved. If the mixture is still runny, add 1 tbsp of olive oil at a time and continue blending until thickened. You can serve this super-healthy low carb mayo right away or chill it in the fridge first. You can also use it to make my HEALTHY TUNA EGG SALAD RECIPE.
BEST OIL FOR HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE RECIPE
Oil is the main ingredient for any mayo recipe; it determines the taste of your future mayonnaise. So, I’ve tried 3 different oils for my keto mayo: extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and extra light olive oil. I chose the last one. Extra light olive oil creates a soft, decadent flavor, but with none of the bitter taste that can be present if you use extra virgin olive oil. Avocado oil, on the other hand, has a more neutral and a little bit nutty flavor. You can definitely use it in this recipe but, personally, I find extra light olive oil works better in terms of flavors.
IS MAYONNAISE KETO?
Made with raw eggs, lots of olive oil, and no sugars, this homemade low carb mayonnaise is keto diet compliant. However, that’s not always the case. Store-bought mayonnaises and other souses and condiments usually have added sugars and vegetable oils like soybean oil and sunflower seed oil in them. So, if you follow a strict keto diet or don’t want to get any carbs from refined sugars, it’s better to make your own mayonnaise at home or to buy one that has a “clean” ingredient list.
MORE KETO RECIPES TO TRY
Instant keto mayonnaise
- Immersion blender
- 1 cup (190g) extra light olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients to the cup that comes with an immersion blender or a similar size cup/jar that you have on-hand (the cup must be slim, just a little bit wider than the diameter of the bell blades attachment of your immersion blender).
- Place the immersion blender, with a regular bell blades attachment, in the bottom of the cup over the egg yolk and start blending on high.
- When the mixture starts to thicken up and become pale, raise the blender up and down until all the ingredients are fully combined and the desired thickness is achieved.
- If the mixture is still runny, add 1 tbsp of olive oil at a time and continue blending until thickened. Transfer the mayonnaise into a clean 9 oz (250g) jar.
- Serve immediately or after chilling in a fridge.