These gluten-free keto salmon cakes are juicy and with tons of flavor from fresh salmon, cilantro, and gentle heat from the chipotle pepper. It’s a delicious and healthy keto salmon recipe that can feed a whole family.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE KETO SALMON CAKES?
Let’s start by cutting our fresh salmon into small cubes and mixing well with the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Don’t forget to season with salt to taste and we’re ready to cook our salmon cakes. The mixture for our keto salmon cakes should be very thick, but still too runny to form patties with our hands. So, we’re going to form them by pouring around ⅓ cup of the mixture onto a hot non-stick skillet. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture; by the end, you’ll have 6-7 salmon cakes.
Now the only thing that we have to do is to serve our healthy keto salmon cakes on a plate garnished with some freshly chopped cilantro, lemon wedges (totally optional), and chilled, full-fat sour cream for dipping.
THE BEST GLUTEN-FREE SALMON CAKES WITH ALMOND FLOUR
Made with almond flour, these low carb salmon cakes are 100% gluten-free! But what about people who have nut allergies? I assume (although haven’t tried it), it’s possible to use coconut flour in this recipe instead. However, the coconut flour is so water-absorbent that you’ll need much less than if you would use almond flour. So, if you want to substitute almond flour with coconut flour, you’ll need to experiment one tablespoon at a time. Add one spoon, mix well with other ingredients, wait 2 minutes. If the mixture is too runny, add one more tablespoon. Do so until the mixture becomes super thick; thicker than pancake batter, but not thick enough to handle with your hands. Or, if you want, you can use one of my easy keto recipes - LOW CARB SALMON PATTIES recipe which calls for coconut flour.
FRESH SALMON CAKES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
And by fresh, I mean made with fresh salmon. If you’re after flavors and extra juiciness, fresh salmon is what you really want to use for this low carb seafood recipe. However, if you’re on a budget, no worries! You can use canned salmon instead, just make sure that you use canned salmon in water, not sunflower oil, and drain it well before mixing with other ingredients.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EASY KETO SALMON CAKES?
This recipe is also amazing as an appetizer; make these salmon cakes mini size and serve them on a large plate around a ramekin filled with sour cream, tartar sauce, or another dipping sauce of your choice.
MORE LOW CARB SALMON RECIPES TO TRY
Gluten-free keto salmon cakes
- 0.5 lb (250g) skinless salmon, frozen or fresh, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- ½ cup (8g) cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tsp chipotle paste, depending on the level of spiciness you prefer
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Butter for frying
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cubed salmon, eggs, almond flour, cilantro, chipotle paste, ground black pepper, and salt to taste. Stir with a spoon, fork, or a spatula until fully combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, melt the butter and form 3 salmon cakes by pouring around ⅓ cup of the mixture per cake onto the skillet and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately, garnished with freshly-chopped cilantro, sliced lemon, and some chilled full-fat sour cream.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com