These keto and low carb salmon patties are a healthy and nutritious lunch or dinner dish that you can make in only 15 minutes. This recipe calls for coconut flour, which makes it gluten-free, paleo, and keto-friendly!
The perfect lunch or dinner should be tasty, healthy, and take less than 20 minutes to make! Even though I like cooking and sharing my recipes with everyone, I prefer spending as little time in the kitchen as possible so I can do other things in life, too. That’s why I like to cook salmon. Whether it’s baking, frying, or steaming, salmon dishes take only a little time to make – a precious commodity in one’s busy life. Today, I would like to share with you a recipe that is made from fresh salmon and is suitable for those who follow a keto, paleo, or gluten-free diet: low carb salmon patties!
Step by step directions
To make these salmon patties, I use ½ kilo of fresh skinless salmon (4 medium size fillets). If you buy frozen fillets, make sure that you thaw them completely before doing anything else with them.
But first, let’s start by preparing our onions and garlic. Fry them on a non-stick skillet greased with olive oil over a medium heat until they’re softened and become golden.
Then, purée our fully-thawed salmon using an immersing blender or food processor until the salmon turns into a smooth paste. Next, we need to combine the salmon purée with the rest of the ingredients and form our keto (aka paleo) salmon patties. To do so, apply some olive oil to your hands so the salmon mixture doesn’t stick and form 8 medium patties.
Lastly, let’s fry our patties on a non-stick skillet greased with a generous amount of olive oil over a medium heat. We want to cook them for 4 minutes on each side or until our salmon patties become golden brown. Serve them warm with some freshly chopped cilantro and a side dish of your choice.
Carbs in salmon patties
This is one of those keto recipes when you don't need to worry about net carbs. One keto salmon patty contains only 1.2g net carb, so you can enjoy a lot of them. I can tell you more; these low carb patties are also low in calories (162 kcal/pattie) - perfect for those whos goal to lose weight.
CREAMY KETO CAULIFLOWER MASH – a super light side dish that will bring out the flavors of low carb salmon patties.
ONE-PAN CHEESY BRUSSELS SPROUTS – healthy brussels sprouts with crispy bacon bits and cheese for those who are extra hungry.
GARLIC RANCH SAUTEED BROCCOLI AND SWEET POTATOES –a truly perfect side dish to accompany keto salmon patties.
More keto recipes with salmon
GLUTEN-FREE KETO SALMON CAKES - Try these super delicious gluten-free salmon cakes made with fresh salmon, almond flour, and gentle heat of chipotle pepper.
SPICY SALMON BITES - This recipe for busy people! Try this tasty, spicy salmon that is ready in only 15 minutes.
KETO SALMON WITH CILANTRO - Easy-to-make dish that will feed whole family.
Low carb salmon patties
- 500 g salmon (4 medium skinless fillets), fresh or frozen
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 8 g (½ cup) cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat a non-stick skillet over a medium heat and add some olive oil.
- Cook the onions and garlic until golden, place them into a small bowl, and set aside.
- Place the salmon into a medium mixing bowl and, using an immersion blender, purée until smooth. You can also use a food processor for this purpose.
- Add the onions, garlic, cilantro, coconut flour, and egg to the salmon purée and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste. Combine together well.
- Apply some olive oil to your hands so the salmon mixture doesn’t stick and form 8 medium patties.
- Using a non-stick skillet greased with a generous amount of olive oil, cook the patties over a medium heat for 3-5 mins on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with some freshly chopped cilantro on top.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com