Keto garlic butter pork chops that are juicy and flavorful every single time. This is a healthy gluten-free low carb keto dinner recipe that’s delicious and easy-to-make.
HOW TO MAKE KETO GARLIC BUTTER PORK CHOP RECIPE?
Cooking any meat starts with seasoning it with salt; this recipe is no exception! We need to season our future garlic butter keto pork chops with salt on each side and refrigerate for from 30 mins up to 2 hours in a zip-lock bag or a glass/plastic container.
When the time is up, start preheating your oven to 375F (190C) and take the pork chops out from the fridge.
Then, melt the butter in a skillet (10-11-inch) over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, we’re going to add meat and season with extra salt (if needed), ground black pepper, ground cayenne pepper, and dried rosemary. Fry pork chops on one side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Then flip all the pieces to another side, season again, and fry for 2-3 mins again or until golden.
When ready, it’s time for baking! Transfer the meat and the garlic with all juices from the skillet onto a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Brush the pork chops with the melted butter and bake for 10-12 mins or until the internal temperature reaches 145F (63C).
Finally, you can remove the baking tray from the oven and transfer the pork chops onto a clean plate to rest for 3-5 mins. Serve our juicy garlic butter low carb baked pork chops with fried and baked garlic (and extra butter, if desired).
GUIDE TO JUICY KETO PORK CHOPS
It’s actually easy to make juicy pork chops if you follow a few simple rules.
First, the thicker the pork chops, the better! Thin pork chops will most likely be completely cooked through or even overcooked after the browning stage, so there’s no point finishing off the meat in the oven. Therefore, you want to buy nice and thick bone-in pork chops for this recipe (around 1 1/2inch or 3 cm thick).
Make sure that your non-stick or cast-iron skillet is hot before starting to fry the pork. Our goal is to brown the meat, not cook it through.
Temperature is the key! If you have a cooking thermometer, amazing! Cook the pork chops to an internal temperature of 145F (63C) followed by 3-5 mins of resting time for juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LOW CARB PORK CHOPS?
I’m all for the balance! Such a flavourful low carb pork chop recipe should be served, in my opinion, with something light and fresh. Fresh salad with a simple olive oil dressing or steamed vegetables will perfectly complete this quick keto pork chops recipe. However, if you want something extra, I encourage you to try this CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MASH. Or, if you’re doing carb cycling or following a low-carb diet instead of keto, this GARLIC RANCH SAUTEED BROCCOLI AND SWEET POTATOES side dish will win your heart!
MORE KETO RECIPES TO TRY
Keto garlic butter pork chops
- Baking tray
- 10-11-inch frying pan
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 8 garlic cloves, cut in halves
- 2-3 tsp dried rosemary
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Ground cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted butter for frying + some extra for baking, use olive oil or avocado oil to make this dish Paleo
- Season the pork chops on each side with salt. Place them in a zip-lock bag and marinate for 30 mins to 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator and let them sit on a counter for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet (10-11-inch) over medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the garlic and cook for one minute. Then add pork chops and season with extra salt (if needed), ground black pepper, ground cayenne pepper, and dried rosemary.
- Fry the pork chops on one side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Then flip all the pieces to the other side, season again, and fry for 2-3 mins again or until golden.
- When ready, transfer the meat and garlic (with all juices) from the skillet onto a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Brush the pork chops with the melted butter and bake for 10-12 mins or until the internal temperature reaches 145F (63C).
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and transfer the pork chops onto a clean plate to rest for 3-5 mins.
- Serve garnished with fried and baked garlic.