These super easy-to-make keto turkey roll-ups with a garlic flavor and creaminess from the ricotta cheese is a perfect appetizer idea for any occasion. Serve them at parties or make them a part of your Thanksgiving buffet table!
I’m a big fan of different appetizers! Not a single trip to a restaurant is complete without ordering some appetizers. That’s why I love Spanish food with all their tapas! Same goes for Korean, Chinese, and Japanese cuisine; they’re experts in starters. So, to keep up with them I want to introduce my own little appetizer creation – keto turkey roll ups with ricotta cheese!
Step by step directions
It’ll take you only 20 minutes to make. You need to mix together the ricotta cheese, pressed garlic, dill, and sea salt with freshly ground pepper to taste. Then, spread some ricotta mixture evenly along each turkey ham slice, leaving around one centimeter in the end untouched, and roll up. Cook the rolls on a preheated skillet over medium heat. You want to cook the rolls seam-side-down first to seal them, so they don’t fall apart when you flip them. Lastly, cook them for 5 minutes on the other side or until the surface turns golden brown. Serve them warm and enjoy!
Is turkey deli meat healthy
It’s all about the choice! I think we all need to learn how to read ingredients lists of the food that we buy and think a bit before buying. That being said, the sliced turkey breast that I use in this recipe has only 4 ingredients: turkey breast, spices (onion and paprika), salt, and lemon juice as a preservative. It was also 100% produced in Sweden, so I made the best choice for my health. You can do it too by reading the labels and buying locally, if possible!
Is ricotta cheese keto
Yes, it is! It has even less carbohydrate content per 100g than cottage cheese: 3g only. It also has a slightly higher fat content compared to proteins; just what we want on a low carb diet! However, don’t forget – the amount that you eat matters!
More keto recipes
KETO ZUCCHINI FRITTERS WITH BACON
Turkey Ricotta Roll Ups
- 150 g sliced turkey breast, around 13 slices depends on the size
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon frozen or fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Unsalted butter, to grease a skillet
- Place the ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl and add pressed garlic and dill. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and mix everything together.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread the ricotta mixture (how much ricotta mixture to use depends on the size of your turkey ham pieces) evenly along each turkey ham slice, leaving one centimeter in the end untouched, and roll up.
- When the skillet is hot, place the rolls on it seam-down and cook until golden brown (around 5 min). This way, the rolls will become sealed and won’t fall apart when you flip them.
- Flip the rolls and cook for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm!
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com
Made these roll ups for dinner with some steamed broccoli. Delicious!