This 3 ingredient keto cloud bread recipe produces a gluten-free and low carb bread that’s ready to serve in just 30 minutes. It's the perfect vehicle for butter and cheese for breakfast or can be enjoyed together with soups and salads.
Ingredients and substitutes
Eggs - We will need 3 large eggs (whites and yolks separated) at room temperature.
Cream cheese - Cream cheese can really take away the eggy flavor and make the texture more like bread.
Salt - It's hard to imagine this cloud bread recipe without any salt. It will really help with the flavor profile, so don't skip it.
Step by step directions
Preheat the oven to 160C (325F) and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a clean and dry mixing bowl (even one drop of water will ruin the recipe), add the egg whites and salt; beat until stiff peaks form.
In another mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and cream cheese and beat until a pale yellow color.
In batches, gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture using a spatula until just combined. Don’t overmix, as this will deflate the batter.
Scoop 6 portions of the keto cloud bread batter onto the parchment paper, leaving some space between them.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and serve!
The possibilities are endless. You can add different spices, like garlic powder or onion powder, to add more flavors to our cloud rolls (also known as oopsie rolls). Add a tablespoon or two of grated parmesan cheese, because why not, or add dried herbs like oregano for an Italian vibe.
What to serve with oopsie bread
This low carb keto cloud bread will be a great addition to any soup or stew out there. Try serving it with my HEALTHY KETO ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP or KETO CAULIFLOWER SOUP. You can also have it on the side with this NO BEAN KETO CHILI RECIPE or even with EASY BEEF BOURGUIGNON RECIPE. If you want something light, devour it with my HEALTHY TUNA EGG SALAD RECIPE or ARUGULA BEET SALAD WITH FETA AND WALNUTS.
Carbs in low carb cloud bread
This keto bread recipe is not only perfect for those who follow a keto diet, but for those who follow a carnivore diet! You'll end up making 6 pieces of bread with less than 1g net carbs/piece.
Let's be real, this keto bread will never be like a piece of regular bread, taste-wise. The taste reminds me of an omelet, but cream cheese significantly removes the eggy flavor. Nevertheless, cloud bread is amazing with butter, cheese, and a cup of coffee in the morning.
When you make it, you will understand that it's not made for freezing. It's so airy and light that freezing and thawing will ruin the product.
Sure you can! However, keep an eye on your oopsie rolls, as they can burn super-fast.
More low carb recipes
3 ingredient keto cloud bread recipe
- Baking tray
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks separated, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (50g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C (325F) and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a clean and dry mixing bowl (even one drop of water will ruin the recipe), add the egg whites and salt; beat to firm peaks.
- In another mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and cream cheese and beat until a pale yellow color.
- In batches, gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture using a spatula until just combined. Don’t overmix, as this will deflate the batter.
- Scoop 6 portions of the batter onto the parchment paper, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes and serve!
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com