Creamy loaded keto cauliflower casserole with broccoli and cheese is an ultimate keto side dish – low-carb and high-fat deliciousness that can proudly take its place on your dining table.
Cauliflower and broccoli are two things that should be in my fridge at any time. Like rice, beans, potatoes, and pasta for others, they are my staples. These two vegetables are low in carbs and I use them to cook delicious side dishes like my CREAMY KETO CAULIFLOWER MASH and GARLIC RANCH SAUTEED BROCCOLI AND SWEET POTATOES. But today, I’m going to combine cauliflower, broccoli, and cheese into one beautiful keto dish that you’ll definitely fall in love with- cheesy cauliflower casserole with broccoli!
Step by step directions
Start by choosing your cauliflower and broccoli – frozen or fresh? If you choose frozen vegetables, don’t forget to thaw them completely before cooking. This way you will remove the excess water and prevent the dish from becoming watery when baked.
While your oven is preheating to 200C (400F), cut the vegetables into bite-size pieces. Then, place them in a large skillet greased with some butter, season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, and fry over a medium-high heat. After 10 minutes of cooking or when your vegetables are slightly browned, add the heavy cream and 100g of shredded cheese. I chose to cook with Gouda (I can’t help myself, I love Gouda cheese so much!), but you can use cheddar cheese instead. Mix everything together well and transfer into a 28x20cm or 11x7-inches baking dish, although you can use one a little bit smaller if you want.
Finally, you need to place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15-20 mins or until the cheese has melted and started to brown. Remove it from the oven and serve hot, garnished with freshly-chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Can you freeze cauliflower casserole
Yes, you can definitely cook a big batch of cheesy cauliflower and freeze it for later, for up to 3 months. Just make sure that you bake it without the cheese topping (you can add it when you bake it the second time) and let it cool down completely before freezing it. One more thing: for a better result, you want to thaw your frozen casserole before reheating it.
This keto cauliflower casserole is so satisfying that you can eat it on your own. However, I usually pair it with some seafood or meat main dishes. If you aren’t sure what to serve with loaded cauliflower casserole, you can try these main dishes:
BRINED AND BAKED MUSTARD CHICKEN BREASTS
OVEN-BAKED LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS
SLOW COOKED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
More keto recipes
HEALTHY KETO GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
LOW CARB KETO CAULIFLOWER RICE
Loaded keto cauliflower casserole with broccoli and cheese
- 17 oz (500g) cauliflower (fresh or frozen), cut into bite-size pieces
- 17 oz (500g) broccoli (fresh or frozen) cut into bite-size pieces
- 7 oz (200g) shredded cheese of your choice, I use Gouda
- ⅔ cup (150g) heavy cream
- Ground black pepper
- Unsalted butter for frying
- Green onions for garnishing, chopped
- If frozen cauliflower and broccoli are used, remove from the freezer ahead of time and allow them to thaw completely before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the cauliflower and broccoli and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for 10 mins or until the vegetables are slightly browned.
- When ready, combine the vegetables with the heavy cream and half the amount of shredded cheese.
- Transfer the vegetables into a 28x20cm (11x7-inches) baking dish, top it off with the remaining shredded cheese, and bake for 15-20 min or until the cheese has melted and started browning.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot, garnished with freshly chopped green onions.
This website, https://heretocook.com, offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculators such as Cronometer.com and MyFitnesPal.com
Looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it!
Thank you, I hope you'll like ti!
The best recipe I have ever eaten as I do not care for Cauliflower and this is amazing. My husband that does not do Keto loved it. He is starting to come over to my side. I did use a different cheese, I used half Mozzarella and sharp cheese but the recipe is fantastic.
Awesome! I'm so happy to hear that you and your husband liked my recipe!
I am going to make and serve this for my Easter dinner! Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome, Kerri!
Can you add chicken to it? If so do you cook the chicken first?
Sure you can! Fry the chicken (bite-size pieces) separately from the veggies until cooked through. Don't forget to season it with salt and pepper to taste. Then, follow the instructions to prepare the vegetables. When it's time to transfer the veggies to the casserole dish, add the chicken and mix well. Top everything with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.